Cosmetic Smile Makeovers
Whitening, Wedding, or Whatever! If you've been looking in the mirror thinking your smile could use a boost—or maybe you're the person that holds their hand in front of their mouth because you get embarrassed of your smile—you're not alone! We treat patients that ask about how to improve their smiles everyday whether it be for their wedding, new job, retirement, or just to take care of themselves for once. So what really makes the perfect smile? At Baus Family Dentistry, its not just about the pearly white and straight teeth, its about the health and function of that perfect smile.
Below we've laid out the steps that could be part of your plan to your best smile. To think it may be just a few appointments away.
- Professional Dental Cleaning: The most basic step! This ensures we catch any problems, remove stains, tartar, and buildup, and then start to plan from here. It will take about 30 minutes and that's all.
- Sedation Dentistry: Decide if you're the patient that can be helped by sedation dentistry. Maybe something in the past has prevented you from giving yourself the smile you deserve. With sedation it's possible to get more work done in fewer appointments. Plus, you'll barely remember having any dentistry completed!
- Whitening White teeth look clean, bright, and make you look your youngest. To lighten your teeth, we offer a few options that could be your solution. Options you should consider are:
- Professional In-office Zoom! Laser whitening: This is the leading system that uses chemically light activated technology. Zoom! Uses a specially designed UV light in combination with a specially formulated whitening gel that can make you up to ten shades whiter! It is safe, effective, and very fast. Usually this option is slightly more expensive, but the time you save having immediate results makes this appealing! Also at our office, when you choose this option, you also go home with whitening trays for future touch-ups!
- Professional at-home whitening trays with gel: Highly effective, just takes about ten days to see results. We recommend Nite White/ Day White bleaching system because it produces faster and more effective results because of the stronger peroxide-whitening agent than anything that can be purchased over the counter.
- Bonding If you have chipped teeth, spaces between your front teeth, or an imperfection on a tooth, we would suggest a one appointment bonding restoration. We would bond a white filling material to your front teeth and blend to your tooth's natural color and rebuild to a more ideal shape. Cosmetic bonding is a viable, affordable alternative to porcelain veneers. This can last 5 to 10 years, are vulnerable to breakage with chewing, but only takes one visit and done within one hour.
- Gum Lift/Periodontal Plastic Surgery "Gummy smiles" can be corrected relatively easily today. For patients with excessive gum tissue that makes teeth appear stubby, we use a soft tissue laser or maybe traditional surgery and remove the extra tissue and bone to reveal your beautiful natural teeth. The surgical reshaping procedure results in a comfortable recovery and minimal healing time. It will take about an hour or less and should last a lifetime.
- Veneers Porcelain veneers are more popular than ever and for great reasons. They can instantly straighten misaligned smile, make teeth whiter, cover up cracks and chips, and give you that uniform appearance you're looking for. Veneers are thin, translucent shell that allows light to pass through and mimics a natural tooth. They will blend seamlessly, and only Drs. Baus or Murphy will know you've had an enhancement! It takes about two appointments and two weeks for this process, but gives you 10 to 15 years of great results. We also recommend that one wears a nightguard when investing in veneers to prevent chipping from clenching and grinding.
- Orthodontics At Baus Family Dentistry we do minor tooth movement with clear aligners. Orthodontic treatment allows us to move teeth into an improved aesthetic position. We are providers of two systems called Simpli5 and Red/White/Blue aligners that are the braces free choice. Tooth movement can happen anywhere from 2-6 months and works by progressively changing aligners every few weeks. Once we determine that you are a candidate, we'll take impressions that will be used to develop a set of aligners just for your smile. These are virtually invisible so you can work, exercise, and socialize while wearing plus there is minimal to no speech interference.